27 April 2021 - Additive Technologies for Microelectronics
Additive Technologies for Microelectronics
Dear Colleagues and IMAPS Members
As announced at the beginning of this year by the European Liaison Council (ELC), I’m glad to introduce to you the first seminar taking place on the IMAPS Europe Platform dedicated to host chapters’ virtual conferences and webinars. This Platform is intended to be a quickly ready, easy to access, flexible tool to support multiple events duringtheyear and is an efficient means to spread technology information among our community
This first seminar, organized by IMAPS Italy Chapter with the strong contributions from the Germany Chapter is dedicated to the “Additive Technologies for Microelectronics”.
Additive Manufacturing, defined as a process of joining materials to make 3D structures and objects, is experiencing a significant growth and is moving from R&D and prototyping phase to manufacturing. However, it encompasses numerous different technologies and approaches that offer distinct processes regarding the fabrication of microelectronics devices. To all this is added an impressive evolution due to the continuous innovations of machinery and materials
For this reason, the aim of the seminar is to take stock of the situation by helping to understand and compare some of the current technological options and to evaluate their potential for production purposes.
The technologies illustrated in the presentations will highlight the point of view of advanced Research Centers and the application experiences and road maps of some equipment makers and users.
This seminar is therefore an opportunity not to be missed to keep up with the progress of technological innovation that will not fail to surprise us in the immediate future.
We look forward to meeting you online on the IMAPS European Platform on April 27th at 14,00 !
Agenda (CEST TIME)
- 2.00-2.15pm Seminar presentation Luigi Calligarich Imaps President and Roberto Tiziani STMicroelectronics
- 2.15-2.45pm It’s already here - additive & adaptive manufacturing in advanced packaging Christine Kallmayer and Karl-Friedrich Becker, Fraunhofer-Institut fuer Zuverlaessigkeit und Mikrointegration IZM
- 2.45-3.15pm Direct, selective and additive copper formation on plastic compounds and its use cases in electronics packaging Florian Roick, LPKF
- 3.15-3.45pm Inkjet printing in manufacturing Wouter Brok, Suss Microtec
- 3.45-4.15pm Aerosol Printing Performance for Electronics Packaging including ceramic substrates David Keicher, IDS
- 4.15-4.45pm CerAMfacturing of high performance ceramics for applications as substrates and packaging Uwe Scheithauer, Fraunhofer IKTS Dresden
- 4.45-5.15pm Additive manufacturing for microelectronic devices Stefania Minnella, HP Inc.
- 5.15-5.30pm Additive Technologies for Microelectronis: reliability implications Enrico Galbiati, Gestlabs
Info and registration here